Charitable Giving and Corporate Support Program
South Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc. is a not-for-profit, member-owned corporation and it is our mission to serve our member’s needs. One way we achieve this is by interacting in the communities in which we serve.
We strive to actively support various qualifying organizations within the geographic areas that our cooperative serves. For this reason, our cooperative can make up to a $1,000 charitable donation to a qualifying organization that is located in and provides service within the region we serve on an annual basis.
- To qualify for a charitable donation from our cooperative an organization must meet the below qualifications:
- Be located in and provide services within the geographic area that STEC serves.
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization, or a 501(c)(6) business league.
- Be able to provide a copy of their 501(c) tax certificate and tax identification number.
- STEC is unable to provide charitable support to an organization for any of the following reasons:
- The organization discriminates based on age, sex, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
- Charitable requests from religious organizations. However, community programs that are sponsored by religious organizations will be considered.
- Requests from or for school-based programs.
- Requests from or for local, regional, and/or school-based sports teams, extracurricular teams or clubs.
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates or campaigns, or entities that are not Qualifying Organizations.
- Requests for school trips, athletic or other extracurricular events or trips, or recreational trips or tours.
- Requests for sponsorship for individuals in beauty pageants, livestock shows, or scholarship drives (other than STEC’s scholarship program), or any other requests for funds for an individual.
- Requests for outside fundraising efforts; however, fundraising efforts by our member cooperatives for qualifying organizations will be considered.
- Any request for financial support for an organization that is located and serves outside the geographic area in which STEC serves.
To apply for a charitable donation from our cooperative, please complete the following application: (online application). Applications are reviewed monthly. Applications must be received by the 25th of the month to be considered for the next month's review. Please upload a copy of your 501(c) tax certificate with your application, we will need your tax certificate before we can review your application.
If unable to submit your application electronically, please fax it to (361) 576-1433, e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to the below address:
Attn: Michelle Gloor
P.O. Box 119
Nursery, TX 77976
Charitable Giving Recipients 2020
Access Esperanza Clinics, Inc.
Affordable Homes of South Texas, Inc. - McAllen
Alzheimer's Association - Rio Grande Valley Walk Event
American Heart Association - Corpus Christi
Blessing Cup Storehouse, Inc.
Bluebonnet Children’s Center - Hondo
Boys & Girls Club of DeWitt County
Boys & Girls Club of El Campo
Boys & Girls Club of Harlingen
Boys & Girls Club of Laredo
Boys & Girls Club of Palacios
Boys & Girls Club of Pharr
Boys & Girls Club of San Juan
Boys & Girls Club of Weslaco
Capable Kids Foundation, Inc.
CASA of South TX - Pearsall
Children's Advocacy Center of Laredo-Webb County
Christ's Kitchen - Victoria
Comfort House Services, Inc. - McAllen
Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST) - Alice
Community Services Agency of South Texas - Carrizo Springs
Corpus Christi Hope House, Inc.
Corpus Christi Pregnancy Center
Crossroads Autism Network - Victoria
Crossroads Guardians of Hope
Devine Food Pantry Ministry, Inc.
Dream Walkers Equine Therapy Center - Uvalde
El Progresso Memorial Library - Uvalde
Food Bank of the Rio Grande - Pharr
Gabriel Project of the Crossroads - Victoria
Golden Crescent CASA
Good Neighbor Settlement House - Brownsville
Good Samaritan Community Services
Gulf Bend Center - Victoria
Habitat for Humanity of Laredo, Inc.
Helping Hands Ministry of El Campo
Holding Institute, Inc. - Laredo
Hospice of South Texas
House of Grace Group Home Ministries - Harlingen
Jamie’s Ranch for Special Kids - McCoy
Laredo Regional Food Bank
Laredo Stroke Support
Loaves & Fishes of the RGV, Inc. - Harlingen
Lupus Foundation of America – TX Gulf Coast Chapter (Harlingen)
Medina Children's Home
Mid-Coast Family Services
Natalia Veteran’s Memorial Library
Nevaeh's Kidz Conquering Cancer - Edinburg
Open Hands Community Charitable Services - Donna
Operation Homefront Inc. - Corpus Christi
Pain to Purpose, Inc. - Victoria
Pregnancy Help Center of the Crossroads Area - Port Lavaca
Rainbow RGV Community Partners aka McAllen Rainbow Room
Rio Grande Habitat for Humanity - McAllen
Rio Grande Valley Literacy Center - Pharr
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the RGV
Ruthe B. Cowl Rehabilitation Center - Laredo
Silver Ribbon Community Partners - McAllen
South Texas Advancement Resource - Aguilares
South Texas Literacy Coalition - Edinburg
Special Olympics Texas RGV
St. Henry de Osso Family Project
Texas Ramp Project – McAllen Region
Texas Ramp Project – San Antonio South Region
Texas Ramp Project – Victoria Region
The Ark Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter
Voz de Ninos - CASA - Laredo
West Side Helping Hands – Corpus Christi